Life is Hectic – Make it Easier
Are any of these situations familiar?
1) You intended to go to the gym, but you forgot throw your gym clothes in the car. Now your thinking that by the time you run home to grab your stuff then get back to the gym, there’s not enough time for a workout. It’s not going to happen today.
2) The day just got away from you, even though you had the best of intentions. You’re running late…again…and you have to put your own health on the back-burner one more time. No workout today either.
3) Life happened, the kids are tired and hungry from practice, and you have no time to throw a meal together. To the drive-thru again.
All of these scenarios and many more have happened to all of us at one time or another. I’m guilty of putting off the gym and meal prepping, for sure. I’ll let you in on a secret. Engineer your environment. Make it work in your favor. You’ll be more likely to get your workout in and get those meals prepped. The less obstacles in your way, the easier your day will be. Here are a few tricks I learned along the way to make things easier.
- Pack your gym bag so it’s ready to go by the door when you’re ready to walk out to work the next morning (don’t forget toiletries!!)
- If you use supplements, have them measured out and ready to go. Throw those in the gym bag too. I like using seal-able plastic bags.
- Schedule time to meal-prep and workout. Set it in your calendar as you would any other appointment.
- Have all your lunches packed and ready to go in the fridge. You can just grab and go in the morning. What you won’t be able to eat before it goes bad, throw it in the freezer. When you pull one from the fridge for lunch, move one from the freezer to the fridge.
- If you workout at home, have your equipment laid out where you can see it. A visual cue is a good reminder you need to get that workout in! (Don’t be using that treadmill as a drying rack for your clothes!!)
- When your making foods (that includes sauces, main dishes, salads, anything!!!!) make it in bulk. Most stuff freezes pretty well. Being able to grab and go makes things so much easier. You’re already spending the time to cook, why not just double or triple the batch. You’re only saving yourself time and effort in the long run.
Time is a Struggle
I know that having enough time is a struggle for many of us, and unfortunately, that means that we aren’t able to put ourselves and our health first. Try out the tips and tricks above. Make your life as easy as possible and reduce the amount of decisions you need to make during the day. Reduce your barriers to success by constructing an environment that will help you succeed. If you need more ideas, feel free to email me at email@example.com. I’m happy to help with what I can!